- 3-4 lb roast, trimmed of fat
- 1 package Good Seasons Italian dressing mix
- 1/2 of a 16 oz jar of pepperoncini peppers, including the juice (in my store, these are next to the pickles)
- 1 can beef broth
- swiss or provolone cheese slices
- rolls (the crusty rolls from the bakery are nice but hamburger buns work fine too)
- Put everything in the crockpot.
- After 5 hours on low, shred meat and cook another 3 hours on low. (I have waited to shred the meat up until the last hour or so before eating. It doesn’t seem to make a difference.)
- Add meat to rolls and melt the cheese under the broiler.
Got this recipe from one of the forums I’ve been on in the past – I don’t think the forum exists anymore…can’t remember