Makes 8 servings
- 1 egg
- 3/4 c. milk
- 1 c. (4 oz) cheddar cheese grated
- 1/2 c. quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 c. onion, chopped (or use the equivalent of onion powder)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2/3 c. ketchup
- 1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 tsp. prepared mustard
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a bowl, beat egg and milk
- Stir in cheese, oats, onion, and salt
- Add beef and mix well
- Shape into eights loaves; placed in a greased 13×9 inch baking dish*
- Combine ketchup, brown sugar and mustard and spoon over loaves.
- Bake uncovered for 45 mins or until the meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160
*Original Note: I usually make these in muffin pans and my kids love that they get their individual meatloaf. Also if you make them in the muffin pans make sure you use lean ground beef, it does make a difference.
I am pretty sure I got this recipe on a now closed Mom’s Forum – so I can’t link and give credit. Sorry. I have to say, this is one of my favorites – especially when you make it in the muffin pan – it’s faster and makes for nice little servings.