- 1 cup beer, white wine, or chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups cheese, shredded (I like a combo of cheddar and Monterey jack)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Melt butter in small saucepan on medium high heat.
- Add flour, salt, and garlic powder and stir with a whisk until it forms a thick paste.
- Add beer, wine or chicken stock.
- Heat until just boiling.
- Turn down heat to low, and add cheese, a bit at a time, stirring constantly until melted and creamy.
- Turn off heat.
*If desired, transfer cheese sauce to a fondue pot.
Serve with bread, sausage, and apples – or the “dippers” of your choice!
*This cheese recipe serves about 4. Double or triple depending on the size of your family or how hungry you are!
This was copied directly from Sarah’s blog “Short Stop”. I give her complete credit – I just am storing it here in case her blog goes away. I’ve had too many good recipes disappear into the big cloud of the internet…