- 1/3 c maple syrup
- 1 Tb spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 c bread crumbs (I used 1/2 roll of Ritz crackers, crushed, instead – mmmmmm!)
- 4 pork chops
- 2 Tb olive oil
- 1/2 c apple juice or cider
- 2 apples, sliced
- Combine the syrup, mustard, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place bread crumbs in a large Ziploc (or Ritz crackers & crush them), then add pork chops.
- Shake until pork chops are well coated.
- Brown the pork chops in the olive oil over medium heat
- Add the apple juice and cook uncovered until barely done (about 10 min, maybe less).
- Layer sliced apples over pork chops and drizzle maple sauce over everything.
- Cook another 5 minutes.
Note: If you like the apple slices very soft, then add them to the pork earlier. (I added the apples at the same time as the apple juice and it turned out great!)
Submitted by Brittany on The Sisters’ Cafe Blog. I copied it here to be sure I never lose it, and to incorporate my tweaks.